Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Meeting- Holistic View

The best way to kill an idea is to take it to a meeting. I am in a meeting now. The only good thing about it is the cool breeze from the AC just behind me, after the heat of the workshop this feels like paradise. In front of me many people are arguing with each other. I understand that its about the distribution of responsibilities.

Its becoming a game of water polo with everyone using colorful management terms and trying to shirk workload whilst trying to justify it in the most honest manner. The seniors speak about holistic view. This view i understand has nothing to do with holes or his holiness the pope. Its a term used as pre emptive strike to make your subordinate look narrow minded and is the best way to drive the point home that "you got to do it coz i am saying so"

It is used right after someone has finished explaining the utter unfeasibility of a particular suggestion made by you, thats when you say "try to see the holistic view" a better variation would be "why cant you see the holistic view" In a second you have proved to everyone arond the table that

1)the suggestion is viable

2)the subordinate is too low to understand intellectuals like you.

Also, it has acted as a silent message to everyone that whatever happens this thing is got to be done.

The people around the long table, are arguing heatedly. I can hear a lot of holistic views. I am sitting calmly though. If they see me now they see a man who is listening. I know thats the way they like people, those who sit serene and tranquil ...

Under the table my hands work furiously. I think i have learnt how to type on my keypad without looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment